Tuesday, August 23, 2011

California Trip

Last week Zoe and I took a trip to visit my family in California. We flow... which wasn't the best of experiences for Zoe!!! Luckily I had Zoe with me because we were running a little late and the airport was packed.... they let us go right through the line!!! She was really good on the flight until we started down... then it was so bad!!!! She scram her head off for about 20 minutes... even the flight attendant came over to make sure she was OK!! So embarrassing!!! But I was so happy to see my Dad sitting at the airport waiting for us!!! She wasn't really sure about my family. Luckily for me, my sister Kim was in California visiting also and Zoe would go to her. Kim left to go back home on Thursday... by then at least she would go to my Mom and sometimes my Dad!! Zoe was so tired from the flight that this was how we found her by the time we got home!
That night... we had a birthday party for Zoe. My Aunt Linda let us use her back yard and we had a swimming party!!! Zoe loved the water... she was a little fish!!!

We invited all my family out to swim. This is Zoe and I with my sister Kim, my cousin Michelle, her daughter Sammie, and my cousins little boy Jett!! They all had fun in the water!!!


We had cupcakes....


Which ended up an all the little kids faces!!!


Then we opened gifts! Zoe wasn't to interested in the gifts!!!!


On Tuesdays my family does taco Tuesdays, even though its usually not tacos!! We went to Dos Coyotes... which is one of Greer's favorite places to eat when we got to California!!! Zoe was playing with her glasses and I showed my Dad that I had another pair in my bag... next thing I knew he had the other pair on!!!!


The rest of the week we kind of a relaxing week. We played Five Crowns a ton!!! On Thursday, we walked around the mall. Grandma and Grandpa got to help Zoe... until their backs hurt them too bad!!!


When we stopped for food, my Dad put Zoe on top of the table and she grabbed onto the umbrella pole!! NO SHE IS NOT A POLE DANCER!!!!


Saturday morning we went to the Folsom Zoo. It was fun to watch Zoe look at the animals! Behind us in the cage was Zoe's favorite... MONKEYS!!!


There was a deer that walked right up to us! My Dad didn't really look at the signs every where and decided to share Zoe's snacks with the deer!!!!


Then we saw the bear!!! There were 2 big bears in this area! By the way Zoe was barking at all of the animals.... we are working on that!!!


A fun little photo opportunity!!!


Overall it was such a great time with my family!! I love and miss them already!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun, Jess! I'm glad you were able to see your family. I haven't been to CA since Christmas and I'm starting to have withdraws. P.s. Your daughter is so adorable. I love the pole dancer joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre so brave to travel alone with Zoe! she's super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got to go visit your family. I am sure they were so happy to have you there!

    ReplyDelete